The elements of counseling / Scott T. Meier, Susan R. Davis.
- 1 of 1 copy available at SC LENDS. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Beaufort County Library System.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Beaufort - Hilton Head Branch||158.3 MEI (Text)||0530000713525||Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0534345476
- ISBN: 9780534345471
- Physical Description: xiv, 95 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: Third edition.
- Publisher: Pacific Grove, CA : Brooks/Cole Pub. Co., 
- Copyright: ©1997
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
1. An Approach to Counseling Process -- 2. Strategies to Assist Clients in Self-Exploration -- 3. A Few Mistaken Assumptions -- 4. Important Topics -- 5. Counselor, Know Thyself -- 6. A Brief Introduction to Intervention.
This invaluable book outlines skills essential to the helping process (such as building relationships and facilitating client self-exploration), deals with pragmatic concerns (such as keeping up with research and documenting your work), and focuses on specific areas (such as a brief counseling and cross-cultural counseling). Just as most writers would not be without Strunk and White's now classic The Elements of Style, most counselors, whatever their specialty, should have a copy of the Elements of Counseling at their fingertips!
Search for related items by subject