Daily life during African American migrations / Kimberley L. Phillips.
- 2 of 2 copies available at SC LENDS. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Beaufort County Library System.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Beaufort - St. Helena Branch||GG 304.8089 PHI (Text)||0530009811833||Adult Gullah Geeche Collection||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780313343735
- Physical Description: xxviii, 226 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Santa Barbara, Calif. : Greenwood, 
- Copyright: ©2012
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. 209-221)and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction: Black Migration in the Black Diaspora -- Chronology -- African American Migration after 1865 -- Going North and the Great Migration, 1910-1920 -- Black Migrants in the Metropolises of America -- Migrants and Migration During the Great Depression and World War II -- "And the Migrants Kept Coming" : the Second Migration, 1945-1965 -- Migrants in Civil Rights Cities -- Epilogue: Overlapping Migrations, 1975-2005.
This book focuses attention to the everyday social, cultural, and political lives of migrants in the United States as they established communities far away from their former homes.
Search for related items by subject
Search for related items by series
- The Greenwood Press daily life through history series
- Greenwood Press "Daily life through history" series.