Hate crimes / Paul Connors, book editor.
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0617/2006022919.html - Table of contents only
- 1 of 1 copy available at SC LENDS.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Chester - Main Library||YA 364 .15 HAT (Text)||35301002561042||Young Adult Nonfiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0737722088
- ISBN: 9780737722086
- ISBN: 0737722096
- ISBN: 9780737722093
- Physical Description: 233 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: Detroit : Greenhaven Press, 
- Copyright: ©2007
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. 217-223) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
1. Are hate crimes a serious problem? -- Hate crimes are a serious problem in Europe and North America / Michael McClintock -- Hate crimes against lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgendered people are escalating / National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs -- Hate crimes against Muslims continue to rise / Council on American-Islamic Relations -- Hate crimes against the homeless are increasing / Michael Stoops -- Homosexual advocacy groups inflate the number of antigay hate crimes / Leah Farish -- Reports of hate crimes against Muslims are overblown / David Skinner -- Feminists exaggerate the extent of violence against women / Phyllis Schlafly --
2. Are hate crime laws necessary? -- Hate crimes must be punished more harshly than other crimes / Frederick M. Lawrence -- Hate crime laws are needed to protect children / Jan Ireland -- Hate crime laws protect the disabled / Brian T. McMahon ... [et al.] -- Hate crime laws may hurt minorities / Phyllis B. Gerstenfeld -- Hate crime laws are unconstitutional / Susan B. Gellman -- Federal hate crime laws will not reduce violence / Jeff Miller -- Hate crime laws create a double standard / Jeff Jacoby --
3. Should hate speech be restricted? -- The majority of Americans support campus hate speech codes / Jon B. Gould -- Schools must not use American Indian mascots, logos, and nicknames / Cornel D. Pewewardy -- Europe must ban Internet hate speech / Michel Barnier -- Campus hate speech codes should eliminated / Harvey Silverglate, Greg Lukianoff -- The use of American Indian mascots and team names should not be banned / Kenneth L. Woodward -- Restricting Internet hate speech is impossible / Geoffrey Nunberg -- European efforts to restrict hate speech are totalitarian / Sandy Starr --
4. How can hate groups be stopped? -- Schools can prevent hate crimes / Debra C. Cobia, Jamie S. Carney -- Communities can stop hate groups / Southern Poverty Law Center -- Understanding the psychology of hate groups can help society stop their growth / Linda M. Woolf, Michael R. Hulsizer -- The United States should support Great Britain's crackdown on hate groups / Nile Gardiner -- Organizations to contact.
Search for related items by subject
Search for related items by series