- 1 of 1 copy available at SC LENDS.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Anderson - Anderson Main Library||SC R 973 Krawczyn Keith (Text)||22960000669159||Adult SC Reference||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780313334191
- ISBN: 0313334196
- Physical Description: xxxv, 554 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Santa Barbara, Calif. : Greenwood, 
- Copyright: ©2013
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. -534) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Settlement -- Government -- Family & community -- Religion -- Labor and economy -- Education -- Crime and punishment -- Poverty and poor relief -- Housing and street life -- Food and dining -- Clothing and cleanliness -- Health and medicine -- Recreation -- Arts and sciences -- Cities in rebellion.
In-depth, thematic chapters explore many aspects of urban life in colonial America, including working conditions for men, women, children, free blacks, and slaves as well as strikes and labor issues; the class hierarchy and its purpose in urban society; childbirth, courtship, family, and death; housing styles and urban diet; and the threat of disease and the growth of poverty.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||United States > Social life and customs.
United States > Social conditions.
Manners and customs.
Search for related items by series
- The Greenwood Press daily life through history series. Daily life in the United States
- Greenwood Press "Daily life through history" series. Daily life in the United States.