The book of immortality : the science, belief, and magic behind living forever / Adam Leith Gollner.
- 9 copies at SC LENDS. (Show)
- 2 copies at Dorchester County Library.
0 current holds with 9 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Dorchester - Summerville Branch||129 GOL (Text)||30018004565285||Adult New Books||Available||-|
|Dorchester - Summerville Branch||129 GOL (Text)||30018004612962||Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781439109427 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1439109427 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9781439109434 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1439109435 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: x, 402 pages ; 24 cm.
- Edition: First Scribner hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Scribner, 2013.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. 382-388) and index.
|Summary, etc.:|| Journalist Adam Leith Gollner weaves together religion, science, and mythology in an exploration of the most universal of human obsessions: immortality. Raised without religion, Gollner was struck by mankind's tireless efforts to cheat aging and death. In a narrative that pivots between profundity and hilarity, he brings us into the world of those whose lives are shaped by a belief in immortality. From a Jesuit priest on his deathbed to antiaging researchers at Harvard, Gollner—-sorting truth from absurdity—-canvasses religion and science for insight, along with an array of cults, myths, and fringe figures.--From publisher description.
Search for related items by subject