The obituary writer [sound recording] / by Ann Hood.
- 3 of 6 copies available at SC LENDS. (Show)
- 0 of 0 copies available at Dorchester County Library System.
1 current hold with 6 total copies.
- ISBN: 9781470842758
- ISBN: 1470842750
- ISBN: 9781470842765 (lib. ed.)
- ISBN: 1470842769 (lib. ed.)
- Physical Description: 7 sound discs (ca. 8 hr.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [Ashland, OR] : Blackstone Audio, Inc., p2013.
|General Note:|| Title from container.
|Participant or Performer Note:|| Read by Tavia Gilbert.
|Summary, etc.:|| On the day John F. Kennedy is inaugurated, Claire, a young wife and mother obsessed with the glamour of Jackie, struggles over the decision of whether to stay in a loveless but secure marriage or to follow the man she loves and whose baby she may be carrying. Decades earlier in 1919, Vivien Lowe, an obituary writer, is searching for her lover who disappeared in the Great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906. By telling the stories of the dead, Vivien not only helps others cope with their grief but also begins to understand the devastation of her own terrible loss. The surprising connection between these two women will change Claire's life in unexpected and extraordinary ways.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Housewives > Fiction.
Women journalists > Fiction.
Loss (Psychology) > Fiction.
Regret > Fiction.
United States > Social life and customs > Fiction.