Cutting for stone : a novel / Abraham Verghese.
- 12 of 13 copies available at SC LENDS. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Anderson County Library System.
0 current holds with 13 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Anderson - Anderson Main Library||Book Club Kit #7 (Text)||27189075||Adult Reference||Available||-|
|Kit contains: 5 books, 1 folder with 3 guides and 1 ACL canvas cloth bag: [ sm/ts 07-17-2015 @ ACL-MAIN ]|
- ISBN: 9780375714368 (trade pbk.)
- ISBN: 0375714367 (trade pbk.)
- Physical Description: 667,  p. : map ; 21 cm.
- Edition: 1st Vintage Books ed.
- Publisher: New York : Vintage Books, c2009.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. [669-670])
|Summary, etc.:|| Marion and Shiva Stone are twin brothers born of secret union between a beautiful Indian nun and a brash British surgeon. Orphaned by their mother's death and their father's disappearance, bound together by a preternatural connection and a shared fascination with medicine, the twins come of age as Ethiopia hovers on the brink of revolution.
|Awards Note:|| Awards: Indies Choice Book Awards | Winner | Fiction | 2010 - 2010 ; Hemingway Foundation/PEN Award | Finalist | First Fiction | 2010 - 2010
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Physicians > Fiction.
Brothers > Fiction.
Fathers and sons > Fiction.
Ethiopia > Fiction.
Bronx (New York, N.Y.) > Fiction.